About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm Caris. I can be a little crazy, but also a little shy. New mum to a beautiful boy. Learning how to juggle!

Thursday, 10 May 2012

im back!

well hi there! long time no blog! ive been terrible i know, but things have been a little crazy lately since we got home, and with the work computer network blocking blogger lately, its been really hard to find the time to update.

anywho, lets get to it. our holiday. was in 1 word, awesome. we had a blast. and not in the drink all day - party all night kind of way either. we're just too old for that now! just in that we enjoyed our time together relaxing and having fun. we spaced our week out by doing an "activity" one day, then doing pretty much nothing the next. it was a great way to have a holiday. there were a few times when we were lying around, thinking we SHOULD be doing something exciting, so that we werent being "boring" but honestly, we couldnt be bothered. the whole point of being on this holiday was to chill out and not be busy or tied to a schedule.

our hotel was lovely. it was small, but very well equipped, we even scored a room upgrade! hello king size bed and massive bathroom! it also had a roof top pool and restaurant, which were both awesome and so pretty. it was great to eat breakfast out in the open on our roof top each morning. the pool was so cool. was smallish - but the hotel was small anyways. the staff were so friendly and attentive, you could have barely been slurping the last of your drink before they were there offering you another! perfect!

it was also so close to the main shopping areas, and all the places i visited last time i was there. which was great, because i could find my way around without too much trouble. (ok we did get lost on our first night, and i may have had a small panic attack about it, but we found a taxi to take us home, and as it turned out, we were only 1 street away from the hotel! doh!!)

our activities were fun too. we spent an entire day at the safari park, after purchasing a package from our tour guide. our package included a trip on the safari bus throughout the entire complex visiting all the animals, lunch at a restaurant thats situation right with the lions (he was watching us eat! but barely moved!!) we got our photo taken with a lion cub, watched the white tiger feeding, and then the best part of the day - we rode an elephant! it was so cool! i was nervous and not sure that i wanted to do it, but so glad we did. it was so much fun. we got a nice photo of us on the elephant printed too. it was such a great day. super hot though, so lucky the place had its own water park for us to cool off at. it was a nice big pool set away from all the animals that had two smallish water slides. we had such a great day.

after a rest day, we then spent a whole day at Waterbom Park. this water theme park is so much fun. theres heaps of rides,  thrill seeking ones and plain old boring lazy rivers. (which we both secretly loved, and probably spent more time in there then anywhere else!) the only downfall to that place though was all the freakin stairs! of course you expect stairs when youre climbing to the top of water slides, but man were we sick of them by the end of the day! and our calves were killing us for days afterwards!

we also booked ourselves a lovely sunset dinner cruise for our second last night. that was great. being out on the boat at sunset sipping cocktails. that included a buffet dinner and caberet show (which included an awesome drag show!) that was a great way to end our holiday.

and i wish it had ended there in a way, because the last day and night i was terribly sick and dehydrated and could barely walk around for 10 mins without fainting! and yes i did actually manage to faint on the floor of a pub and out the front of a shop! very embarrassing!! poor Dman! but i managed to keep it together until we got home and once home, i felt a bit better and thought i could avoid going to hospital. but no, by around 10pm it was very clear that i was sick and needed help. DMan bundled me up and took me off to the emergency dept.

dont worry, it was nothing to panic over. my lapband had been playing up for a few days, and after a couple of days of constant vomiting everything i ate or drink, i managed to lose 4 kgs and become extrememly dehydrated to the point of having a fever and not being able to walk properly. it was terrible. the people at the ed were great, cept as soon as they noticed my fever, and heard that id been to bali, they went into a bit of a panic that i might have some strange disease, so decided to keep me over night. definetly not what i wanted! but once i finally got a bed (at 2am!) i managed to drink a bunch of water and get some sleep. in the morning i managed to eat a full breakfast and keep it all down! D came and picked me up and take me home. luckily we both had a few more days off work to recover.

so thats our trip in a nutshell! now onto some photos!

1 comment:

  1. My favourite pic is the one of Dan and the toy gorilla - it's as if the gorilla stole all his hair ahahahahahhaah (I can't wait to tell him that in person!) xx