About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm Caris. I can be a little crazy, but also a little shy. New mum to a beautiful boy. Learning how to juggle!

Monday 20 February 2012

is it Monday again already?

jeez, the weekends are getting shorter and shorter. how was everyones?

mine was busy.

had some silly brainwave that it was a good idea to give up my Saturday morning and go into work. With things being so crazy with people on holidays and off sick, I've been covering alot of different jobs all at once while struggling to keep mine on track. But alas, my filing has gotten out of control. There is just never enough time during the week for me to work on it for an hour or so without getting interrupted. So since I was free, and I do get paid for any overtime I do, I went into work for 3 hours. And dispite still getting interrupted and annoyed, I still managed to get a massive chunk of filing out of the way. So it was a productive morning, but my gosh I hope it doesnt become a regular thing. I love my Saturday mornings, even if I am just on the couch being a bum.

this is just a small example of what faced me Saturday morning. I had about 5 of these piles to sort, put in plastic sleeves, attach extra paperwork to and file away. Sigh.

On Friday afternoon, DMan's best mate Squashua had msgd and suggested we all do something Friday night. DMan being the old man that he is, decided that nah, we wouldnt be going out, too tired from the week and I was secretly so glad to not have to leave the house. we just sat around and watched Aracnophobia (which was on tv) and I later regretted watching it, as I had spider nightmares all night afterwards! one huge horrible spider I can deal with, but swarms and swarms of medium size ones attacking a house? no no nooooooo too much for Caris!!
But with us being party poopers, Squashua's next suggestion was to have a bbq with everyone on Saturday night. Great we thought, what a lovely idea, I'll bring potato salad! that was until he replied with 'yeah, at your house by the way!" hahahahaha how lovely of him to host a bbq and invite all our friends to it, at our house!! but it worked out great in the end. Me and DMan spent all Saturday afternoon cleaning the house and sweeping up outside and yes, I did make potato salad.  We ended up having a great night, lovely food and good friends. just what we needed. but since we're all getting sooooo old (I'm the youngest in our group at 26 haha) we were all yawning and ready for bed at 11.30! no more late partying for us!

Sunday was a great day too. Slept in Sunday morning, didnt get up til abotu 10.30! perfect! I had promised DPants on Friday that I would make him breakfast at some point over the weekend, so I got into that straight away. After reading some directions online, and watching a youtube video on it, I finally mastered the art of POACHING THE PERFECT EGG! yay!!! i have never been able to do it right, but love love love poached eggs for breakfast, or just quick delicious snack. I did mine using the cling wrap method, and it worked perfectly! we both had delicious english muffins with avocado and poached eggs on top!


Yummo!

Sunday afternoon I went to a friends place and listenned to her new spiel about her new career path shes venturing on. After working in the Banking and Finance industry forever, shes decided to give something else a try and has become a consultant for a Lingerie brand. They do home parties, similar to tupperware or body shop parties. didnt get as many girls turn up as she had originally invited, but she did very well. and i think she'll be a great seller for them. and since there was only a small group of us, we basically just spent the afternoon eating cupcakes and trying on pretty bras. was a great afternoon! 
Sunday night, we went out to dinner with DMan's parents and one of his sisters (and her fiance) to a nice little pub in Victoria Park. The Publican was a great place that I had never been before. But it was lovely. The food was amazing. Only downfall we noticed, the place was pretty busy with customers, there were about 7 or 8 tables of more then 2 people, but there was only 1 waitress for the whole place! I'm not sure if they underestimated how busy theyd be, or if others had called in sick, but 1 waitress for an entire restaurant is not enough! although, she did handle it very well. and we may have waited a little longer to get our order taken, or for our plates to be cleared, but she was still lovely and didnt appear to be too "stressed" or annoyed at anyone.

ok, I havent been the most diligent at taking pics of whats been happening lately, so I have to admit that I've taken this pic off of the pubs website (http://www.thepublicanbar.com.au/) but this is the Crispy Skin Barramundi with creamy mash potato, brocollini and lemon butter sauce. All but one of us had this dish, and it was delicious. and it did look exactly like this photo! was so yummy. fish cooked to perfection, sauce all nice and buttery without being over powering and potatos mashed exquisitly. was yummo!

we had a great night, but it was so nice to come home and relax at the end of it. DMan went to bed almost as soon as we got home, but I stayed up watching tv (Iron Man AND Clueless were on!!) and pinning the hell out of everything on pinterest! im becoming obsessed! (www.pinterest.com/princesscaris) check me out! and if you want an invite, just let me know! oh, but if youve already got one, let me know so I can follow you!

Im glad I stayed up later then I should have, because my friend R (who moved to London in January) came online and I got to chat to her for the first time in ages! was awesome. was so nice to hear from her, and hear all her crazy stories! sounds like shes having an amazing time, wish I had to money to go visit it. Oh but its sad too, I miss her so much!!

hahaha we're so adorable!!!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your week goes well! I'm looking forward to the weekend already!

No comments:

Post a Comment